Rush rush... busy busy !!!
Hey everyone,nope I haven't fallen off the planet (although I feel a bit like I am living on one at the moment lol!)
I have had a busy busy 2 weeks and the lead up to that was just insane! Two of my boys celebrated birthdays, one turning 4 and the other had his 18th birthday - both within a week of each other. SO rush rush ...busy busy... is about the way I could think to sum up life in the past few weeks!
However the creative juices have been on the go, so I finally have a few things to pop up to show you all.
Waynes Birthday was wonderful and to celebrate , I thought (mind you about 3 days before his birthday), I would make him a key to have everyone sign. A nice keepsake I thought, after looking about to see what I could buy, and nothing really grabbing me. So hairbrain me, decided to come up with something a little different and keep the traditional style key to sign, for his 21st birthday. The key I have made for Wayne is a crown! Actually it kind of reminds me a little of those crazy keys with the faces that we use to get in the cornflakes boxes all thse years ago lol!
Wayne just loved it, and I am quite happy how it came up. I drew myself a template , then cut it in chipboard, ued bazzill cardstock and then finished it by inking and embossing the Happy 18th Birthday , Wayne letters and the key. I added some "big bling"around the top of the key, and coated the whole front in dimensional magic it protect it a bit when it was handled.
Inside is covered in pale blue parchment paper, that matched the cardstock on his invitations, and I supplied a pigment pen for everyone to sign it with. I tied some of my lovely Stampin' Up! ribbons around the metal rings which enabled the key to open and close, and then attatched a sheer organza ribbin to both rings so that wayne can hang it up in his room.
Andrew put in his order for one for his 18th , and I thank my lucky stars I have 3 years before his birthday - and I have to say I will not be knocking his key up in the 3 crazy days before his birthday lol!!!!
.jpg)
.jpg)


.bmp)





No comments:
Post a Comment