Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Lunchtin for Mum






My Mum celbrates her 60th Birthday tomorrow, so I decided to make her a lunchtin for my 3 boys to give her.


I have been wanting to make one of these for ages, but have never gotten around to it. I decided since she is a patchworker, I'd like to try and incorprate the patchwork side of things somehow into the theme of the tin, so got my sewing machine out and before I knew it, had come up with the idea of patching the pieces of the Recollections papers together to create an effect that tie in with Mums hobby.


I am quite pleased with how it all turned out. I hope that she will like it.




Items used:


Recollections scrapbook paper pack


Very Vanilla cardstock


Assorted ribbons (some SU, some other brands)


Always artichoke ink


Versamark ink


Gold Embossing Powder


Heat Gun


Other:

Lunchtin (Provacraft)
Petaloo Flowers, burgundy cotton, goldplated heart charm, Chipboard coaster to cut the letters, Cuttlebug Olivia alphabet letters

2 comments:

Sue A said...

Two words came to mind when I first saw your lunchtin: elegant and stunning.

You inspire me to get back into my creative space.

Shaz :) said...

Thanks so much Sue, it was great to finally make a lunchtin. I have been going to do one far ages, so I am pleased Mum loved it.