Thursday, July 12, 2007

60th Birthday Card






This is the card that I made to go with the tin for my Mum. I have used an A4 sheet of cardstock folded in half to make a bigger size card. I just LOVVVVE this size for a special occasion card. It sounds big but isn't really when you look at it in real life.


I've used:
Cardstock: Always Artichoke, Cranberry, Very Vanilla
Scrapbook paper: Recollections printed paper
Stamp: Stipple Rose
Wheel: Leaves and Swirls
Inkpad: Bravo Burgundy, Always Artichoke, Versamark
Ribbons: Burgundy and Gold organdy SU, Celery and Burgundy grossgrain
Other: Corner rounder to make scalloped edge, brads from Hodge Podge Antique Brass
Gold Embossing powder, sponge daubers
Oliva Cuttlebug alphabet for letters and numbers, white chipboard coaster for letters and numbers, gold plated heart charm
All supplies available from me
The stamp is Mums (which she ordered from me, but hasnt received yet lol!) think I will be buying one of these for myself now. I embossed the roses using the versamark inkpad, then used the gold embossing powder and heat gun to set. The effect is just beautiful. I have then applied the bravo burgundy using the sponge daubers, and the always artichoke for the leaves the same way. Its a soft effect and looks very pretty up close.

9 comments:

Dawn said...

Both the tin and the card look absolutely incredible! You should send them in to SU or a magazine for publication!!!

Dawn

Charmed Scrapbooker said...

Hi Shaz,
Ive said this from moment ive seen your stuff your are such a talented lady!! i love all of your work especially your tin & card its gorgess!! and i would have to definitly say your my scrapbook mentor

MWA
Renee

Karen Oliver said...

What gorgeous work. Very inspiring. And BTW, you've been tagged.

Shaz :) said...

Hi Karen, Thanks for your comments, I never thought I inspried anyone lol, so thankyou!
Now excuse me for being a dummy, what does it mean when you say Ive been tagged?
Hugz
Shaz :)

Shaz :) said...

Hi Dawn,
Wow you think I should send them in? I suppose I could do that - SU might like them, but Im not sure if they would do anything with them coz a couple of things were not SU products, but I could always ask. Do you think a mag would be interested in them though? Usually they are after absiolute top notch things to publish. Im not sure these would be quite up to par, even though they look nice.
I have never sent in anything for publication before.
Hugz
Shaz:)

Shaz :) said...

Oh Renee, that is so sweet of you, and I am flattered to think that you rate me so highly to regard me as your mentor *blush*
Believe me, I still have heaps to learn and there are so my more ladies out there who put forth such creative talented work. I can't wait to do my next lunchtin. It will be a male theme, so who knows what it will look like. I will post it when its done.
Thankyou for looking at my blog and for your comment
Hugz
Shaz :)

Dawn said...

Too, too modest you are m'dear :D

Get out there and give it a go. Submit for publication what you create with joy and love ... you could be inspiring many more people with your creativity. Learn as you go ... be bold! ... and get some sleep ;)

Dawn

Shaz :) said...

Thanks dawn, you have heaps of confidence in me, you are so sweet!
And as for the sleep.... I am going to bed now lol! Yippee!!!!
Hugz
Shaz :)

Sharon G said...

Shazza,

They ROCK. I bet your Nana was so impressed too. Your such a talented Pink Chick. Publish it.....you know you want too. They'll say yes for sure.

Hehe

The other Shazza