Monday, June 18, 2007

Chalk Embossing ~ Give it a go!!!


Hi everyone,
It's been a few days since my last post, so I thought I had better get a wriggle on and pop up something new that I have done. I honestly don't know where the time goes, but I wish there was more time for stamping lol!
I ordered some lovely white SU embossing powder in a recent order, and finally had time to try a technique that I had not yet given go. Well, with a white SU craft pad, some white embossing powder, my heat gun , stampin pastels and dazzling diamonds, oh and some dark coloured cardstock, I was off !!!
I thought I would just make a little 6x6 page as I had a favourite photo that I wanted to use of myself with my 3 boys.
I stamped the image onto the cardstock first, using the white craft pad, then sprinkled over some white embossing powder and heat set it with my heat gun. I then applied some coloured stampin pastels with some cotton buds over the embossed images, and heat set the pastels which took on a shiny embossed colour - lovely! Being the girly girl that I am *grin* , I applied some dazzling diamonds over the top and walla!!! I was pretty happy with my first attempt at this technique. I matted the photo onto some cardstock to match the pastel colours that I had used, and finished off with little journalling (never forget to journal even just the basics !)
You can't see the sparkle much in the photo that the dazzling diamonds gives in real life, but hopefully you will get the idea.
Try this technique and I would LOVE to see what everyone comes up with.
All the supplies I used are Stampin Up products, available through me.
Products used:
Cardstock: Taken with Teal, Pretty In Pink, Lovely Gable Green, Lovely Lilac
Ink: White craft pad
Stampin pastels: Pretty in Pink, Lovely Lilac, Barely Banana, Apricot Appeal, Gable Green
Other: Dazzling Diamonds, Heat Gun, Journal Pen
Thats about it for now, happy stamping and don't forget to post me some of your creations!
Hugz
Shaz :)




2 comments:

Shaz :) said...

And I forgot to add, that the stamp set used is Loving Hearts!
Hugz
Shaz :)

Kate S. said...

Sharon, great layout!! Your boys are so gorgeous :)
Kate S.