We are so lucky...
to have one of the most beautiful Harbours in the world - Sydney Harbour of course I am talking about. And to have a bridge that stretches herself so far across the water like it does... it really is an awesome sight to see up close...
When Kathy from Remember When popped us Barngirls through the pix of some of the new lasercuts that were about to be released, this one caught my eye. Well I had the perfect photo of my son and his girlfriend in front of the Harbour Bridge to use, until I had a better thought!
What better excuse to go into town for the day with the boys, and also use the opportunity to take some more detailed photos of our Harbour Bridge for my layout !!!! (You think I'm kidding? Nope! So thats just what I did!!!!!) Talk about trains planes and automobiles.... well not quite! In our case it was more like trains, monorail and ferry rides- AND it just so happened that our spur of the moment trip was right in the thick of when World Youth Day was happening, so there was lots of buzz and a great atmosphere in town the day we went too. It was fun , and I now have lots of great photos to scrap :)
Anyway back to the scrapping ... After much agonising as to what I would do for this layout,
Anyway enough of my ramblings (hehe I tend to do that!) Hope you are all getting in some time to scrap, and hey if you are in the Sydney area, why not take a trip one day into town and enjoy our beautiful bridge... I think we are sooooo lucky :)
When Kathy from Remember When popped us Barngirls through the pix of some of the new lasercuts that were about to be released, this one caught my eye. Well I had the perfect photo of my son and his girlfriend in front of the Harbour Bridge to use, until I had a better thought!What better excuse to go into town for the day with the boys, and also use the opportunity to take some more detailed photos of our Harbour Bridge for my layout !!!! (You think I'm kidding? Nope! So thats just what I did!!!!!) Talk about trains planes and automobiles.... well not quite! In our case it was more like trains, monorail and ferry rides- AND it just so happened that our spur of the moment trip was right in the thick of when World Youth Day was happening, so there was lots of buzz and a great atmosphere in town the day we went too. It was fun , and I now have lots of great photos to scrap :)
Anyway back to the scrapping ... After much agonising as to what I would do for this layout,I decided to keep my layout fairly simple, as that's the effect I wanted to achieve, so as not to draw away from the classic beauty and elegance of our bridge. Sometimes less is more, so I went with that thought. I pulled out some smaller photos to use , which worked well. Most scrapbookers tend to use 6x4 or 5x7 size photos, so I thought some smaller ones on a 12x12 layout would be a nice alternative. I pulled out some water type paper that was in my stash of paper (I have no idea why on earth I ever bought this paper lol, but for this layout it actually seemed appropriate, and actually worked!) I teamed it with some Bazzill and Bazzill Bling cardstock, and hit my garden of flowers to create a nice cluster in the corner with. Aside from my photos, my lasercut is what I really wanted to focus on to make a statement here, and I think it really brings home the message of what wonderful icon that our bridge really is. The quality of Kathys lasercuts is just awesome, and attention to fine detail is what makes these lasercuts hold their own in todays market. I am lovin' them!!!!!
Anyway enough of my ramblings (hehe I tend to do that!) Hope you are all getting in some time to scrap, and hey if you are in the Sydney area, why not take a trip one day into town and enjoy our beautiful bridge... I think we are sooooo lucky :)


.bmp)





4 comments:
awesome layout Shaz! The flowers look wonderful and I love what you have done with the photos of the bridge.
Deanne
xx
Thanks Dee! I am pretty happy with how it turned out. I just love 4ups and 2ups at the moment. I think that using smaller photos is a great way to give a layout some variation and also take up less space.Plus with me I can't just take one or 2 photos, its more like 1 or 200 lol! So smaller is better so I can include lots more :)
Hugz
Shaz :)
shaz, love your layout. just perfect. like you said less is more and in this case its perfect. love the flowers in the top corner as well. thanks for sharing.
Hey thanks joyce :)
glad you like it. I was pretty happy with this one. When I took the photo n the light, the dimensional magic looks like its a reflection off the water on the title. How funny!
Hugz
Shaz :)
Post a Comment